Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Holidays, counterfeit farm girl style.

    Hi family & friends, welcome to my new blog! I decided that it was about time for y'all to get a peek into my simple country gal lifestyle out here in Clarno, Oregon. Population.....about 20.  Happy reading! Samantha
   
    With the holidays quickly approaching I decided my first few blog posts would be about all the homemade goodies that I am working on. I am currently perfecting my holiday Cranberry sauce. I tend to twek the recipe every holiday season making it just right.

Holiday Honey Cranberry Sauce

*1 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries
*1 can (8 oz.) of pineapple chunks in their juice, undrained
*5 tablespoons of water, divided
*3 overflowing tablespoons of honey
*2 teaspoons of ground allspice
*1 teaspoon of cornstarch
Cooking Directions:
Combine cranberries, pineapple chunks with their juice, 2 tablespoons of water, honey, and allspice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minuets or until cranberries begin to pop open. Stir remaining 3 tablespoons of water and cornstarch in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Stir into the cranberry mixture and cook another 4 minuets or until mixture boils and has thickened. Put in you favorite holiday serving dish and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment